Marina Abramovic, Rest Energy, 1980
The full moon in Sagittarius is tonight. I don’t know about you but I’ve been feeling a lot of things since the Taurus new moon a few weeks ago. The space between new and full moons, usually about two weeks (sometimes more), is a very charged one. It’s a space where your physical reality may not change significantly, but what I like to call your emotional mind, is preparing itself for something. We also have a lunar eclipse happening. That means we’re right inside of the fire. The relief isn’t visible yet.
If you’ve sensed that certain people have fallen off, or have changed their behavior toward you in these last weeks, really study that. Don’t make up your mind about it one way or another. Reserve judgment and reserve action. Let the emotional mind play itself out. Another thing that a full moon and an eclipse initiate is wanting clarity and thus acting out with a final gesture or solution in mind. Resist this as well. I don’t really believe in clarity anyway. I think we’re always in the muck of things. If there is such a thing as clarity, it’s to see that muck. And once you see it, you can’t unsee it. That’s the good news and the bad news.
Here are some things to do for tonight’s full moon lunar eclipse in Sagittarius:
1. Text a friend, ex, coworker, someone you used to be close to (or maybe still are but haven’t heard much from lately) and tell them about the perfect summer. One you experienced or one you imagine. Don’t explain why. Just send it.
2. Eat 2 raw eggs. (Make sure they are pasteurized. If you don’t want to eat the eggs do #3 below breaking all 3 eggs & thinking of 3 different people)
3. Break a 3rd in a bowl and set it out, thinking of someone who is going through a hard time (maybe the friend above, though not necessarily).
4. Walk around the block where you live two different ways. Walking partially backwards for at least 400 feet on the way back. Don’t ask why. Don’t explain what you are doing to others.
5. Before going into your house/apartment look at the moon in silence.
6. Write down 6 sentences about the biggest disappointment or betrayal of the past year.
7. Cross out the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 6th sentences. Write down the 3rd and 5th sentences on another piece of paper & sleep with it under your pillow, if possible, with a clear quartz either around your neck or also under the pillow.
Nothing is infinite.
AD | Sagittarius sun | Pisces moon