This morning at 9:49am EST, the Leo New Moon arrived. It brought us new large forces of energy and confidence to go after what we want the most. Of course, it’s still Leo season and today is magic number date 8/8, so these feelings were heightened even further with the giant roar of eternity in our midst. In this new moon, we will feel our own destiny and the ways to make it happen more fully. We will be a little bit more assertive and will be on the lookout for those things that help us reach our most highest self. Expect deep moments of creative change, bold proclamations of your feelings, your thoughts soaring to heights way past what you’ve ever dreamt possible, some frustrations, and your own internal resistance to all of these things. The best way to approach this moon is to move completely into the room of your life. This is the dance floor of your eternal moment. So put on your best outfit and let everything else but you fall away in slow motion. In your life and this moon, all eyes will be fixed on you.
Below are some things to help you usher in this glorious time.
1. Take out one of your favorite pieces of clothing and admire everything about it. What makes it your favorite? Is it something about its design, or do you love it cause it’s comfortable, or is it something about the memory attached to it? What is one thing you could do to embellish it (sew a new button on it, embroider your favorite word on it, glue rhinestones on it). If you feel like it, give it some love with a new decoration. Everything desires a little glamour. Think of this favorite clothing as your mood for the next two weeks.
2. Make a list of the activities that have not served you well since the Cancer New Moon. In honor of the Leo New Moon, don’t do one of them.
3. Apply for a new opportunity (job or otherwise).
4. Think of one ambition you’ve always kept to yourself. Make a plan to begin the path to making it happen.
5. Draw a rainbow and make a wish on it for the future.
6. Get dressed up in your nicest outfit and take a picture of yourself. Post it or send it to someone and feel happy.
7. Write a personal essay about your greatest childhood memory.