I hope you all had the best day! I am writing with some great news: Mercury Retrograde is over! Well, that is to say, for now. It will come back in the end of September but let’s not worry about that today. Today is a time to celebrate: clear communication, emails without typos (although Mercury direct can’t really save me from that one and please excuse any typos here), un-broken computers, no more friends contacting you who you haven’t talked to in 15 years (especially because there’s usually a reason for that), and a deep nostalgia for things that you don’t actually miss evaporating slowly like cool air.
A lot of astrologers urge us to wait to do things like sign contracts and engage in other important matters of communication until Mercury Retrograde is over, so if you were waiting, now is the time to start thinking about putting your signature where you want to. Although as you are getting your pen ready, one thing to remember is that we will still be coming out of a post-retrograde shadow until 7/7, so it could be good to wait to do any really big things until then.
Still, let’s get excited about the ending of what was truly a monumental Retrograde. I thought of some fun things to do in these next few days to honor this moment and they are below.
1. Scream whatever utterance (language or sound) comes to mind in your living room tonight for at least 60 seconds without stopping.
2. Write a poem called: “I am __.” (Fill in the blank however moves you.)
3. Consider if you want to write an ex, even when Mercury Retrograde is direct. If you still do, maybe you should. And if you still want to on 7/7, do it.
4. Cook something sweet without talking. If something goes wrong during the cooking process, consider what made it so and how there are forces beyond the planets that can sometimes mess things up. Think about the forces within each space we exist in (like our kitchens) that are hermetic and how special these tiny forces are. After you cook your sweet dish, take it outside and eat it in the open air.
5. Watch a comedy special.
6. Dance to your favorite song from 10 years ago.
7. Make a blue-themed collage of the greatest things you’ve heard people say.